When someone has struggled with a drug addiction issue, there are certain steps they go through as they take the path to healing. Along the journey, one of the most important things they will need to make it through is solid coping skills. Coping is not always easy when it comes to dealing with withdrawals from drug addiction. However, with the proper treatment and techniques, you can discover good coping skills for the future at TruHealing Gaithersburg.
Life After Rehab
Going through rehab for drug addiction is a challenging situation. There are new emotions and experiences you’ll go through, as well as the physical changes you will undergo. Withdrawal from a substance requires hard work and perseverance.
There are different stages that you’ll go through when getting off drugs. During the initial stages, you will be focusing on how to live without drugs. You may participate in a partial hospitalization treatment program, or you may join an intensive outpatient treatment program.
In treatment, you begin the journey to a life without drugs. You’ll connect with others through group therapy sessions and meet one-on-one with a therapist for psychotherapy, too. Therapy teaches you strategies for living clean and dealing with your emotions. You will develop coping skills through therapy as well.
Learning how to cope is one of the crucial parts of living a successful life away from drugs. What are some of the things that you may face when transitioning from substance abuse to sobriety? There are several areas. you will have to learn to deal with as you recover but fortunately, the addiction treatment programs you’ll find at TruHealing Gaithersburg will prepare you to deal with:
- Cravings: Your body will go through times when you’ll face cravings. This occurs mostly in the beginning. It’s critical to have strong coping skills as you go through this.
- Temptations to do drugs: You may still know people who use drugs, and they could be a temptation to you to start using it again. You’ll have a plan in place for resisting these temptations.
- Triggers: Once you learn what your triggers are, you’ll be better prepared for combatting them through proper coping skills.
- Different emotions: During this time, you’ll face a lot of new emotions. This is normal as you make new changes that are positive for your life.
Some of the coping skills that will help you through this difficult time include:
- Exercising patience
- Communicating with trusted friends and therapists
- Using the strategies you’ve learned in therapy
- Reaching out for help when you need it
- Forgiving yourself if you falter
- Attending your therapy sessions regularly
Therapy is a critical part of keeping on the right path during and after rehab. Some specific therapy treatments that will be of help are as follows:
- Recreational therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Group therapy
- Trauma-focused treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Family therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
Find Hope At TruHealing Gaithersburg
Join the TruHealing Gaithersburg and find out how successful you can be. You’ll meet our caring and professional team of therapists, who will lead you on the right path to healing. Joining our rehab facility is a step in the right direction as you pursue a new life. Discover the joy of connecting with others who are on the same path.
We offer a diverse range of treatments to fit your lifestyle. Our intake therapist will help you find the ideal treatment program. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient treatment program
- Alumni treatment
Don’t let drug addiction get in the way of your future happiness in life. Now that you know more about coping skills, seek addiction help at a rehab center. Contact us at (833) 625-0398, and we’ll guide you every step of the way.