Speak to an Advisor Now
A trauma therapy program is crucial to aid in the healing journey of those struggling with mental health and substance use disorders. Trauma can strike anyone at any time. Whether it is through childhood neglect or abuse, sexual abuse, or domestic violence, these situations can leave lasting damage to a person. Natural disasters and the loss of a loved one are other situations that can lead to trauma. Even those individuals who have seen others suffer trauma are impacted by it. When this occurs, mental health therapies offered by TruHealing Gaithersburg can bring a resolution for those suffering.
Origins of Trauma
Trauma originates from any type of activity that brings distress and fear to an individual. In fact, during a traumatic incident, the brain’s fight or flight response is activated. In situations when a person cannot get away from the trauma, they may disassociate. Disassociation is the brain’s way of protecting you from the terror or pain of the situation so you can bear it at the moment. However, the body still stores all of what occurs during the trauma and may relive it later. This is how post-traumatic stress disorder occurs.
If you have endured any type of trauma, then you will likely experience emotional struggle in life. Maybe you do not understand why, but you feel triggered to the point of depression or anxiety over seemingly nothing. Things do not make sense, but you know that you are not coping well with the stressors of life.
When people have dealt with trauma in their past, they may turn to self-medicating to numb their emotions. They may use street drugs, prescription medication, or alcohol to dull the pain they are experiencing. Consequently, they develop a substance use disorder requiring substance abuse treatment. The only way to find healing is through a trauma therapy program.
How a Trauma Therapy Program Can Help You Heal
At a trauma therapy program in Maryland, you will get to the root of your unresolved trauma. Trained professionals work with different therapy modules to help you face the unresolved emotions in your life. Various therapy techniques bring healing as you move forward in life. Some of these therapies include:
- Behavior therapy program – During behavior therapy, you will find help facing the past and overcoming fears. This is accomplished through discussion and supervised exposure to fear. Sessions go slowly, allowing you to become acclimated to the idea of fear. Therefore, you do not get too anxious at the start.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This therapy helps you take control of negative thinking that may be hindering you from positive emotions and behaviors. If negative thinking rules, then you may be more prone to making the wrong choices. Through therapy, you can learn how to change old patterns of thinking.
- Group therapy program – Group therapy will bring you together with others who are struggling with similar problems. People will discuss what they are going through with one another and receive feedback that will help them grow.
Although trauma is a difficult situation to overcome, healing is possible with the aid of a trauma therapy program in Maryland.
Break Free from Trauma at TruHealing Gaithersburg
At TruHealing Gaithersburg, you will be surrounded by caring and compassionate staff as you join our rehab family. Discover the pathway to healing as you continue on your journey.
We offer a broad range of treatment options to fit your lifestyle. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient treatment program
- Alumni treatment program
A committed therapist will help you find the ideal treatment program and connect you with a customized therapy program. Do not let drug addiction get in the way of your future happiness in life. Seek addiction help at a trauma therapy program. Contact us at (833) 625-0398 and we will guide you every step of the way.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today