Speak to an Advisor Now
Mental health disorders are challenging all by themselves. When substance abuse enters the equation, as it so often does, it requires specialized treatment for the best results. Substance abuse can affect anyone. People of all ages, genders, races, and income levels can become addicted to alcohol or painkiller drugs. Even if it hasn’t affected you, you might have a friend or family member who struggles with abusing alcohol, drug addiction, or illegal substances.
Addiction is a mental health disorder. Like most mental health disorders, it can be effectively treated. At TruHealing Gaithersburg, every client in our care receives a personalized treatment plan. Our goal is to give you the tools you need to manage your mental illnesses, including addiction so you can attain long-term recovery.
Treating Co-Occurring Substance Abuse Disorders
Since addiction is a disease, those suffering from it should seek out professional help. However, it’s not always obvious if you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse such as opiate or opioid addiction. Since some addictive substances, like alcohol and prescription drugs, are legal, it can be hard to tell what use is over the line. There are a few indicators to look out for to understand whether or not your use of substances is a problem. These include:
- Damage to relationships with family and friends due to alcohol addiction.
- Inability to fulfill responsibilities at work or home
- Cravings for heroin when you are not using
- Increased tolerance (needing to use more or more often to feel the same effects)
- Bingeing, where you drink an excessive amount in a small period
- You’ve experienced negative physical effects from substance abuse but continue to use
- Repeated failed attempts at quitting or decreasing your use
- Withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to quit, such as headaches, insomnia, and anxiety
If you experience any of these symptoms, it might be time for you to seek out help. The first step in any substance abuse treatment program is acknowledging that you need help, and at TruHealing Gaithersburg, we’re ready to get you on the path to recovery.
What to Expect from Co-Occurring Substance Abuse Treatment
During our thorough intake process at TruHealing Gaithersburg, our mental health treatment specialists will assess your needs. We begin building your plan from the minute you walk in our door. At this stage, the most important factor is the severity of your mental illness and the nature of your substance abuse disorder and where it fits in.
We offer the following levels of care at TruHealing Gaithersburg:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – Our most intensive level of care includes medical care, individual counseling, and group therapy. This is an ideal program for those who have completed a residential detox or addiction treatment program.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – As you begin to take steps towards independence and returning to your responsibilities, we’ll help you develop life skills and healthy coping skills
- Outpatient Treatment Program – An extra layer of accountability, support, and encouragement as you encounter more freedom in your life
- Alumni Program – Stay connected to others in recovery and give and receive support during difficult times
The team at TruHealing Gaithersburg will guide you through every step of your recovery. While in our substance abuse treatment programs, you’ll begin rebuilding your life.
Learn More About TruHealing Gaithersburg Today
When you or your loved one is ready to make a change, contact TruHealing Gaithersburg. Our mental health and addiction treatment specialists can help you navigate our admissions process and get the help you need. We create personalized treatment plans for everyone in our care, and you’ll find a network of support from group therapy with others who have walked similar paths. Lasting recovery is possible.
Learn more today by contacting us online or calling us at (833) 625-0398. Break free from mental illness and addiction through our mental health treatment programs in Maryland.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today