When your children are happy, you have a sense of well-being and a job well done. However, it’s easy to internalize problems that your children face. Blaming yourself doesn’t help your child deal with all the pressure they are under to succeed and perform. You can actually make it worse by hovering over them and not giving them their own space. So, how do you know when it’s time to sign up for family counseling for your loved one? At TruHealing Gaithersburg in Maryland, our family therapy program can help you and your loved ones develop effective communication skills and rebuild trust.
Does Your Loved One Need an Intervention?
If you feel that your child or spouse has a substance use disorder, they may benefit from drug and alcohol addiction treatment. You may have to stage an intervention if your loved one doesn’t want to get help. On the other hand, if they aren’t ready to receive help, telling them they need to go to treatment might not be effective. Even if they do agree to go to an addiction recovery program, they may resent you for suggesting it.
Our family therapy program for drug addiction can help you talk out problems within the family dynamics. This may have contributed to your loved one’s substance use disorder. By honestly addressing and acknowledging one another’s emotions, you can begin to heal old wounds and support your loved one during their recovery.
Your family is your most precious resource. Let us help you keep you together and thriving.
Why Do We Recommend Family Therapy?
There are many reasons families living with substance use disorder benefit from family therapy. Factors that may play a part in stressful family relationships include financial, emotional, and trust issues related to your family member’s addiction.
Here are some signs that your family would benefit from therapy sessions:
- When you get together, the atmosphere is charged and tense. Even if everyone is smiling, there’s an undercurrent that things aren’t as they seem. Sometimes, fear, anger, sadness, and depression come to the forefront and make it obvious that various family members are not happy.
- Do your family members have a hard time talking to one another? When communication breaks down, it’s typically because family members stop engaging and trying to communicate.
- If one or more family members withdraw or show disinterest in family activities, there may be underlying problems to address with a therapist.
- When family members resort to violence to express themselves, communication has broken down. It’s crucial to get your family to a counselor quickly to work out the differences.
Even if the rest of the family is relatively happy, your loved one in drug and alcohol treatment may need your support to get through recovery and stay sober. You don’t have to figure it out on your own. Our clients have support beyond recovery through our aftercare program. Family counseling can help you work through your problems together.
Addiction Treatment in Maryland
TruHealing Gaithersburg in Maryland offers many different programs to help our clients overcome substance use disorders. As part of our holistic approach to recovery, we offer family therapy services.
Some of our other comprehensive treatment programs include the following:
- Outpatient treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
At TruHealing Gaithersburg, we treat your loved one with care and compassion. We have a secure facility where clients receive guidance in a supervision environment. Besides family therapy programs, we offer a number of holistic and evidence-based programs as part of our addiction treatment strategy. Contact us at (833) 625-0398 to begin the healing process today!