We live in a high-speed, high-stress world. The concerns of family and work can be overwhelming. Sometimes people turn to drugs or alcohol to cope, and sometimes that leads to addiction. If that happens to you, it may be time to seek addiction treatment. In an addiction treatment center, doctors and counselors work with you to break the hold of drugs and alcohol. Through the various phases of addiction treatment, you can get on a path to recovery. To learn more, contact TruHealing Gaithersburg at (833) 625-0398.
What is Addiction?
Addiction involves physical dependence on drugs or alcohol. It is a severe disease that can be treated but is never fully cured. Unfortunately, addiction can return even for people who go through addiction treatment.
The abuse of drugs or alcohol triggers chemical changes in your brain. Your brain begins to adapt to the substances as if it’s how to feel normal. When you remove the source of drugs and alcohol, your body senses something is wrong – and it sends you into the withdrawal phase.
The danger of addiction is that it leads to problems in decision-making and judgment. When you continue to use despite the negative impacts of those problems, you have a substance use disorder that needs the help of an addiction treatment center.
The Phases of Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment looks a little different for each individual. There are significant differences in the effects of various drugs and how our bodies process alcohol. Men and women also vary in the circumstances that brought them to addiction and how they respond to treatment. However, the cycle of recovery remains consistent. As you explore the best addiction treatment, here are the stages you’ll go through:
- Intake physical: Doctors and counselors will establish a baseline for your health.
- Planning: Information from the intake goes into a roadmap for care.
- Detox: You will work on reducing and eventually eliminating drugs and alcohol from your system under the supervision of doctors who will watch for withdrawal symptoms.
- Counseling: In sessions with an addiction therapist, you seek to understand the circumstances that brought you to this point and how to avoid them in the future.
- Aftercare: Recognizing that relapse, unfortunately, happens at a high rate, aftercare resources help lower the risk of backsliding.
How to Choose an Addiction Treatment Center
With so much swirling around you, it’s hard to know the best way to choose an addiction treatment center that’s right for you. Hopefully, a friend or family member can stand by your side as you evaluate the best course of addiction treatment. Here are a few criteria to look at:
- Geographic location: If you’re choosing outpatient treatment, you probably want the facility to be nearby. If an inpatient treatment program is right for you, you may want it close to home or want it somewhere else for privacy.
- Accreditation and licensing: Make sure the facility is properly licensed with the state and accredited.
- Staff background: Look not only at the number of years of experience but also their training background.
- Diversity of expertise on staff: Addiction is tricky to treat, as it spans many different disciplines. Make sure you have access to the people you may need.
- Success rate: Data can be deceiving but ask for information on outcomes. The facility’s reaction alone may tell you something.
- Financial matters: Understand what the policies are as to insurance.
With the right amount of due diligence, you can find an addiction treatment center that’s right for you.
Obtain Addiction Treatment at TruHealing Gaithersburg
At TruHealing Gaithersburg, we’re all about making it possible for individuals struggling with substance abuse to start again. When you are in crisis, it may seem overwhelming to choose a course for addiction treatment. There are many considerations in finding the right addiction treatment center. Let TruHealing Gaithersburg provide the support you need. We are an addiction treatment center that focuses on outpatient care in treating addictions, co-occurring disorders, and process addictions. Our services in addiction treatment include:
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Outpatient programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment programs
- Men’s addiction treatment
- Women’s addiction treatment
Our programs include therapy support programs. Start your return to sobriety today. Reach TruHealing Gaithersburg at (833) 625-0398 for an initial consultation. We’ll answer your questions and get you set for your first appointment.